The Get It Right Initiative is a group of UK construction industry experts, organisations and businesses committed to actively improving productivity, quality, sustainability, and safety in the construction sector by eliminating error.
GIRI is a not-for-profit membership organisation that has adopted a multi-disciplinary approach to tackling error. GIRI members include clients, consultants, contractors, regulators, educators, professional institutions, and trade bodies who are working together, across the sector, to raise awareness about the impact of error and to eliminate it. As well as developing and delivering training aimed at reducing error, the organisation has active working groups focusing on metrics, technology, insurance, and the Building Safety Act.
GIRI works with its members to:
- Create a culture and working environment to get it right from the start
- Change attitudes and harness leadership responsibility to reduce error and improve construction quality, productivity, and safety
- Engage all stakeholders in eliminating error from inception, through operation, to completion.
- Share knowledge about error reduction processes and systems.
- Improve skills across the sector creating a positive approach to pre-empting error.
Information on GIRI activities is on the website under the following headings:
- GIRI Design Guide
- Skills development (through GIRI courses)
- Communication campaign and resources
- Systems & processes improvement
- Knowledge sharing
Information on all of these activities is available on the GIRI website a link to which is available here